Wednesday 12 October 2011

THE BIRTHDAY PARTY

Under a bridge in Helsinki -


There is a steamboat.


And last Saturday on the lower deck...


...there was a party.

Our 30-year x 2 party!


And we are SO the party masters.
Kristina and I used to share a rather notorious flat with Mr.Drum n'Bass in the early 00's and threw a bunch of great theme parties back then. And we still know how to do it!
Can you guess what the theme was sort of about?

We had us an Andy Bellefleur there (would he once have been young and hot). And a whole bunch of other great people (didn't manage to snap any photos during the shows tough) :




Ten points and a parrot badge (ancient Finnish saying) if you can guess which song mister Marty is playing here?


(Sookie & the fangbanger! :)

It was a great party! You can listen to the soundtrack here: Tupelo Honey by TurrrboCherry.(That's a lot of banjos for you I tell you!)


You can see some more photos via the Freelancer's Fashonblog's Facebook page.

Next up is 40 then! (Seems pretty far away though as I can't recall what I did when I turned 20...)

9 comments:

Miss Tallulah Porkchop said...

Photos are great! Looks like a load of fun. I love the location.

Unknown said...

coolest 30th birthday bash idea ever!!!

Purrfect Kat said...

really cooooooooooool!! love the idea!!

Myrtha Meadows said...

As an avid True Blood follower that's a party I wouldn't have missed in the world...had I been invited... ;) And the song mister Marty is playing...hm...could it POSSIBLY be Jace Everett's "Bad Things"?...I look forward to that parrot badge... ;)

Pia said...

WOW! Och grattis ännu :D

Helene Harefrøken said...

Haha! Great idea! I love True Blood as well, and you guys really got it right! We should kick that Paquin girl out of the show so that you could do the Sookie part! Fantastic!

Malayka said...

Oh my god best party and EVER... and on a steamboat too! Looks like it was a whole hell of a lot of fun!

Verena said...

that must have been a great party!
Happy belated Birthday :)

Greetings from Switzerland :)

Andi B. Goode said...

Looks like a great party - and I love the theme. These photos are great - I think they really capture the atmosphere.
-Andi x